I've had another go trying to get <fo:table-column column-number="1"
background-color="#cde8f7"/> to work but the highlighted column still
doesn't stretch to the bottom of the table. The background colour stops
when the text stops. If I print too many extra blank lines then the
table expands - is there a way to force the table to stop expanding?

Thanks,
Chris