Title: Re: issues with fo:leader, fo:page-citation, and justification for toc and index

Miller, Iain wrote:
> I'm posting this both lists, hopefully this should interest developers,
> and maybe
> I can get an answer to this:

You should still not crosspost. Developers generally lurk on the
user list. Also, your particular problem comes up every so often...

Ok, as it goes I mis typed the fop-dev address so I didn't cross-post in the end :)

> They both use the 'standard' contents pattern, ie with a block using
> text-align="justify", and a leader to produce lines like:
>
> Stuff..........................23
> It seems to me like there's something going on with page-number-citation
> and
> justify. I know the whole PDF document is kept in memory until the forward
> page references are resolved (always for the contents, and for the index
> when
> I moved it to the front), so has this got something to do with it.

It has something to do with leader generation, in particular
the leader is expanded while added to the line with minimal
look-ahead. It should be expanded after the width of everything
else in the line is known.
BTW formally this is not a bug, FOP still conforms to the standard
here. The problem is that the standard is not all that detailed
in this area.

So it looks like I'll have to use tables to make the lists behave then?

It looks like there should be something in the standard to cover this construct, as it is very common in indexes and contents pages....

Thanks

Iain Miller

The information contained in this email is confidential and intended
only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. Thomson Scientific will accept no responsibility
or liability in respect to this email other than to the addressee. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately via email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]