I write to ask your feedback about a XML demo that we
realized by EDW International for Rassegna Grafica
(http://www.apenet.it/ita/rg/index.asp), italian
magazine that talks about printing technologies for
53 years.
A small demo to show the power of XML for the
realization of pages HTML and PDF.

You can see the demo at the URL
http://80.206.120.8/process.jsp
(that soon it will be linked from the Rassegna
Grafica's web site).

The demo, that generates a hypothetical business
card, starts when you write in the fields of the form
at the first page, here the English translation (the
demo is in Italian):

Inserisci i tuoi dati per visualizzarli in PDF e per
il web (Insert your data to visualize them in PDF and
for the web)

Inserisci il tuo nome e cognome:
(Insert your name and surname)

Inserisci il tuo indirizzo email:
(Insert your e-mail)

Inserisci il tuo ruolo:
(Insert your responsability)

Inserisci la tua cittą:
(Insert your city)

So a page should have to appear a page that show the
data that you have inserted and asks if you want
visualize them in HTML or pdf, by a simple click.
HTML and pdf are created in that moment through XSL
and Xsl-fo.

We wanted to show that if you use XML in the writing
it is easier to re-use the data that you receive for
the printing in HTML and managing a personalized
printing "hiding" to the author the complexity of the
mechanism that is behind this result.

The demo is better explained by3 articles, the first
one of them has already appeared on issue 1 of
January (already in distribution) of Rassegna
Grafica: let me want if you like to read them.

I hope that this initiative diffuses necessary
computer science culture in the world of the press in
Italy and you reward the courage of Rassegna Grafica
in the supporting of this kind of innovation.

Gianni Rubagotti
EDW International
http://www.edw-international.com

----
Questo messaggio arriva da Postino, il (mitico) servizio di posta di Punto
(http://www.punto.it)
-----
Punto Internet Gratis: la connessione gratuita a Internet realizzata da
Punto con Elitel, senza costi di abbonamento o di attivazione e senza
vincoli!
(http://www.punto.it/free_internet.php)
-----