Graham Hannington wrote:
How can I include MathML-source equations etc. into a PDF?

Do a CVS checkout and look into contrib/MathML. There is a README file with a few more details.

(I'm afraid I don't know much about MathML: is there a tool/stylesheet to
transform MathML into FO,

It depends on your MathML, but I believe you seriously underestimate the complexity of creating a reasonable presentation from MathML source. A look into the TeX-book http://ftp.agh.edu.pl/pub/tex/systems/knuth/tex/texbook.tex.gz the TeX sources or the Mozilla MathML embedding http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/ will cure this.

J.Pietschmann