Marko Petersen wrote:
I often get the following error after changing some content of my docbook-XML when I try to generate PDF:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.BasicLink.layout(BasicLink.java:94)

Seems like links do not mix well with footnote spilling. Workarounds: - Avoid links in footnotes generally. This will save you occasional other trouble too. - Avoid footnote spilling. Check for footnotes which are rendered on the page following the reference and force a page break at a convenient place before the footnote reference.

I think the problem is easy to fix.

J.Pietschmann