Well, there's the GNU version of GhostScript. I don't know any good,
working PDF interpreter written in Java. But I've just found something
new: A browser written in Java that also has a PDF interpreter:
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~phelps/Multivalent/

It's open source (BSD) but doesn't have an 1.0 version, yet. Maybe this
one could be adapted to your needs. I'll watch that one closely.

Another idea is not to use PDF at all but the AWT/PrintRenderer to print
directly to the printer.

On 20.01.2003 11:24:22 Mirko Sertic wrote:
> But one of our goals is not to use the acrobat. We want
> to print directly from our application. Isn't there any
> open source java pdf printing api available????

Jeremias Maerki