Derrick,

Forgive my newbie-ness, but don't you need a domain like "www.koes.com" in there. Or do you have "http://koes/"; set up in a host file of some sort. If so, perhaps the error is that FOP doesn't read HOSTS files or something.

Hope this helps!

Web Maestro Clay

Koes, Derrick wrote:
I'm running Tomcat 4.1.18 with Apache HTTP 2.0.43 and FOP 0.20.4.

In a browser I can get to http://koes/dora/images/draft.jpg (after
authenticating).  However, if I authenticate to my web application and try
to render an fo to pdf using this url for a background-image, I get the
following error.

Error creating background image: No ImageReader for this type of image
(http://koes/dora/images/draft.jpg)+

If I simply serve the file through Apache HTTP (i.e. don't include it in my
web application), everything works fine.

Does tomcat not report the correct header info or something to FOP?
I don't understand why there should be a difference.  Does the
authentication interfere in some way?

Thanks,
Derrick

--