Peter Menzel wrote:

I want to set FOPs userconfig.xml in the servlet, using these lines:

File userConfigFile = new
File(getServletContext().getResource("/WEB-INF/userconfig.xml").toExternalForm()
);
So check here whether such file exists:
if (userConfigFile.exists())
        Otions options = new Options(userConfigFile);

What can I do?
Have you tried something like getServletContext().getRealPath("/config/userconfig.xml")

Another question: I need the userconfig.xml, because I want to load an
additional font into FOP, which I created from an TTF file, and use these lines
in the userconfig.xml:
<fonts>

I put the fonts xml file in the same dir as userconfig.xml. Is the correct?
No, you have to set up baseDir or fontBaseDir properties to resolve relative pathes. See faq: http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#faq-N102DC.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team