I haven't found a nice one, let alone a free one, and I would imagine
that a product would have to become very sophisticated ( and hence very
likely to be expensive ) in order to allow a user to generate a
stylesheet effectively.

IMHO allowing users to create stylesheets is a can of worms and I would
consider myself better off leaving users to populate the xml source and
using a contractor/in-house designer to produce your stylesheets
separately.

Steve.

This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message
in error please contact the sender by return e-mail and delete the
message from your computer.

Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are
not given or endorsed by Metalogic PLC unless otherwise clearly
indicated in this message and the authority of the author to bind
Metalogic is duly verified.

Metalogic PLC accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the
context of this message which arise as a result of internet
transmission.