How do I query the archives?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 Feb 2003 15:55
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FOP and IIS4/5

Matthew-

I've used FOP (with Sun's JRE, not Microsoft's -- see Oleg's note) with IIS
5 (and I would assume it would work with IIS 4) by basically writing an
ActiveX DLL that shells out to a call to the fop.bat file, and monitors a
log file of the output from the batch file to see when it's finished.

I later broke these steps out, because the render was taking quite a while
(lots of images, which were being pulled from a different server), and
basically wrapped everything with a bunch of VB "listener" apps, which
periodically checked a database of FOP requests.

Also, I believe someone came up with a .NET wrapper for FOP, which should
work under IIS, with the .NET framework installed.  If this interests you,
you might want to hit the archive; I believe the string ".NET" was in the
subject line.  If you want more information about my setup, I'd be happy to
provide it.

-Jeff

                    "Matthew
                    Lancashire"           To:     "Fop-User-Help \(E-mail\)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       cc:
                    es.uk.com>            Subject:     FOP and IIS4/5

                    02/10/2003
                    10:30 AM
                    Please respond
                    to fop-user

Can Fop be used in Server Side Java on an IIS4/IIS5 server

Matthew Lancashire
IT Project Manager
Intitial Electronic Security Ltd

Tel: +44 1282 473554