Karen Mergner wrote:
in my list I can see no changes if I specify a
provisional-label-separation or not. If the label is too long it
overwrites with list-body.

FOP will overflow the area if it can't insert a line break. You'll see this if your label is a long word without spaces. You can insert zero width spaces to allow FOP to break it. There have alos been comments about a possible but as yet unconfirmed bug in this area, but it's hard to tell from an XSLT snippet, you'll have to supply some actual FO code (preferably small and self contained).

J.Pietschmann