Paper tray control

> Von: Mirko Sertic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Given the following
requirements :

> 1. i need to produce an invoice or order using fop.
> 2. i need to specify the tray to which each page is printed out.
> 3. i want to support non ps-able printer.
> 4. i need a pdf file for our archive system.
>
> How could this be done?

Perhaps this is a solution - though not an ideal one, because PDF and
Acrobat do not support paper, media control.

o central mass printing (1,2)

Render PCL: commands to select tray may be inserted into the PCL stream by a
FOP extension, if page breaks can be caught at the right time in the
renderer. Question: when and how does a page-sequence show up in the
renderer?

o local, single document printing and archiving

- Render PDF
- have the user print pages with manual feeding
- configure 2 printers: tray 1 and tray 2 and build an AcroScript prompting
the user to print 2 sets of pages

o Formatting and Rendering

- run FOP twice
- rendering PCL and PDF in one run: is not very difficult to program - just
private, modified FOP code.

Compatibility question: is the PCL renderer at the capapbility level of the
PDF renderer?

Hansuli Anderegg