SVG is the best for printing.... It is a vector graphic and will sustain it's quality throughout... However, the source MUST be from a vector based application such as Adobe Illustrator.

SVG's can import other raster images inside of an SVG and are NOT vector based. Therefore you must sustain the vector characteristics of the image throughout the rendering process....

Pete