Clay Leeds wrote:

> While we're on the subject of books and resources for FOP Resources,
> here's a couple things to add. One of my previous posts included a list
> of good books on XSL-FO (some of which you've listed). Here's a link to
> my post.
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=104463666315238&w=2

OK, I have added links to "XPath and XPointer" (yes, that is a good one),
the XPath Visualizer tool, "XSL Essentials".

"The XML Bible" was already on the list, but I did rework the whole thing
today to link to both the online version & the hardcopy version.

> - Definitive XSL-FO, by G. Ken Holman - ISBN: 0131403745
>   (Chapter 8 - "Floats & Footnotes" online at Amazon)
> - XSL Formatting Objects, by Doug Lovell - ISBN: 0672322811
>   (Chapter 3 - "Tools & Implementations" online at Amazon)

I have added them.

> BTW, it'd be great to add Amazon.com links to the selected books which
> include "donation" information for FOP (or Apache or Jeremias--I'm
> pluggin' for ya!--or whomever?). That way, links to good books from the
> highly trafficked FOP Resources page could actually bring in a bit of $$
> to help pay for coffee, Mtn Dew, donuts or paper?

I am not sure what Apache's policies are, but my preference is to keep the
links extremely professional. If we add Amazon links, do we need to add B&N?
What about Amazon UK or Amazon Japan? I don't think I want to go there. I
think our users can probably figure out how to find their favorite online
bookstore. (It is a good idea though -- feel free to raise it on the fop-dev
mailing list if you feel strongly about it).

Victor Mote