Hi,

I had the same Problem,

org.apache.fop.image.FopImageFactory is caching the Images and will never
release the Reference.
I've  commented out "m_urlMap.put(href, imageInstance);" @ line 223.
You can also try to use WeakHashMap for m_urlMap or add a method which
clears the Map on programmatically request after your Task has finished.
Then recompile and all works great ;0)

cu Torsten