I'm trying to use background-image to produce a lined body so that the use
can write additional notes on the printed form.  I have tried both gif and
jpg without success.  I've read XSL formatting objects by Lovel and revied
the fop faq's.  I'm still stumped and obviously missing something quite
simple.  Here's what I've tried.

<xsl:include href="background.xsl"/>
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body" xsl:use-attribute-sets="background">

where background.xsl is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                              xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
<xsl:attribute-set name="body">
    <xsl:attribute
name="background-image">linebackground.gif</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>
</xsl:stylesheet>

<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body" background-image="linebackground.jpg">

I realize I don't have a clue and would be gratefull to a pointer in the
right direction.

tia.

Fred.