Partridge, Michael wrote:

> My pdf is a bill which lists positive and negative amounts in a table,
> and I need to use parentheses for the negative amounts. The problem is
> that those w/ parentheses don't line up with the others - they're pushed
> left (because everything is right-aligned). I've tried this:

What you really want here is to align on the decimal point, but according to
http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-text-align
text-align=<string> is not yet supported. The best workaround that I can
think of is to put your trailing ending parentheses into a separate table
cell, which is aligned /left/.

Victor Mote