Sounds like you want something like Acrobat's Annotations. I don't believe that's in the XSL-FO spec, and as a result is not in FOP. However, if you feel like learning the PDF spec, you should be able to use iText to post-process your PDF output files to include this type of information. You can find links to iText and other tools on the FOP Resources page:

  http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html

HTH!