> From: Thomas DeWeese [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Jihai Qiu wrote:
> > The CCS engine for the document is set in
> > BridgeContext.initializeDocument(), which is called by
> > org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(). But it seems there is no way
> > to set CCS engine from FOP classes(such as BatikElement). (I do
> not want to
> > modify Batik source code).
> >

> >>It also appears that you are trying to map just the flowText element.
> >
> > For the svg elements, FOP extension maps <svg> to SVGElement
> and all other
> > tags to SVGObj. I am using the same approach for batik extensions:
> > <flowText> to BatikElement and all other tags to BatikObj. BatikElement
> > creates the root document for batik namespace.
>
>     You can't really render an SVG document as a bunch of
> disconnected pieces.

If this *is* related to the 'absolute positioned block-container' issue, I
think the SVG approach,  in this case, might be complicating matters
unnecessarily (though I must admit, it might seem the only viable
alternative right now, apart from somehow 'preprocessing' your fo to make it
contain 'exact' coordinates where needed...)

> >> The SVG specification is pretty clear that SVG elements must have a
> >> parent SVG element
> > It seems Batik requires each child of SVG element must be SVG
> element( or
> > belongs to same document).
> > <svg> Batik DOM element is created through SVGDOMImplmentation, while
> > <flowText> Batik DOM element is created through
> > ExtensibleSVGOMImplementation. I have to have a different root document
> > for all the batik extension elements, otherwise the system uses
> > SVGDOMImplementation to create generic DOM element.
>
>    It sounds like you want to make a small change so FOP uses the
> ExensibleSVGDOMImplementation instead of SVGDOMImplementation for all
> the elements.
>
> >>I think you really want to try and "fix" the existing SVG element
> >> mapping stuff in FOP.
> > How to do this? I stuck in this problem now and do not know
> what to do the
> > next. Can someone please help me implement this batik extension in FOP?
>
>    I don't think you can really fix this without making changes in FOP.
> It looks like you might be able to just change the init method in
> SVGElement.

Just to be on the safe side: in the meantime, we still don't know which
version(s) of batik/fop are being used here... ;)

but apart from that, if the ExtensibleSVGDOMImplementation behaves
completely the same way... this might be worth a little patch. The
svg-embedding example coming with FOP works if you make this change. ( to
FOP 0.20.5 release )

Greetz,

Andreas Delmelle