Thomas S wrote:
I'm using FOP fop-0.20.5 with fop.sh script and for all external-graphic
element, I can see 2 requests in my apache log.

Well, this happens for a few image formats. FOP first opens a connection to check the image type (format), then may access the URL again to do the actual processing. However: > src="http://agarycus/perl/mat_tests/A/A.jpg"/>

I could have sworn JPGs are accessed only once (GIFs are accessed
twice for sure).

Is that normal ? Can I change it ?
Not easily. Your options:
- cache in the image your generator
- use another format (check the FOP website for supported formats)
- provide a patch for FOP

J.Pietschmann