A *bit* unflexible perhaps, but I'm not sure whether the FO spec does not
provide solutions for this...

Can you give us a view on the bigger picture? Maybe the XSL could be
structured in another way that would allow you to achieve your desired
result... (? Have to be careful with making suggestions like this -- some
people somehow assume that I think their xsl is worthless or something when
I add a 'maybe' like this... :) NHI, just interested in solving puzzles )

> What should I do when I want to print something in static
> content ONLY on page no 1, [...] or only on last page

This *is* actually possible using multiple simple-page-masters... one for
the first (and second) / last, one for the rest
For an example (special first page) see
http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-first-page

> , [...] or only on pages 5,10,15,20,...(k modulo 5 = 0), [...] etc.?

I think it is even possible to define
<fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives> containing sequences of 5 pages
where only the last page in the sequence would have a different
simple-page-master. (Haven't tried, I must admit)
For sth to appear only on the second page... two sequences? one for the
first and second page, one for the rest?
Use the <fo:conditional-page-master-reference> with page-position traits for
that, and keep in mind that you can only use [first'|'last'|'rest'] as
value. Construct the <fo:conditional-page-master-reference> dynamically in
the XSL -- opens up a few *very* interesting possibilities, not to mention
that there are virtually no limits to the number of possibilities...

Unflexible?

Greetz,

Andreas