From: Glen Mazza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mark,

Let's do a little bit more detective work on your
side.  Let's see if the issue is the Batik/SVG
libraries (which, along with several other libraries,
are very closely intertwined with FOP, regardless of
whether or not you use them) or with the ColdFusion.

Try to run FOP from the command line--FOP.bat or
FOP.sh--using any of the .fo samples in the "examples"
directory.

fop helloworld.fo helloworld.pdf

<snip/>

Glen,

Mark says in his original post that it does work fine from command line. I agree that the Error about failed element mapping is masking the true cause of the problem. Since the failure occurs when adding the SVGElement, then a good guess at the true cause is Batik.jar not in the classpath.

In my experience if something works on the command line and not in a J2EE server, 9 times out of 10 the problem is classpath related.

Chris