Hello,

I got the same problem with FOP 0.20.5: I could not render documents with more than about 150/200 pages with 1 TIFF per page (OutOfMemory). I tried to remove the image cache management in FOP source code but it didn't help.
For now I use FOP 0.20.1 with which I can render about 1000 pages documents with 800 mbytes JVM option (-Xms800m -Xmx800m). My target would be 4000 pages documents but it does not seem possible by now with FOP.
-----Message d'origine-----
De : Francisco García Leal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : mercredi 12 novembre 2003 13:33
Ā : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Problems using Tiff with FOP

Hello..

    I am using FOP 0.20.5. I have to create a PDF file with tiff graphics but I get java.lang.OutOfMemory Error. I have to include about 100 tiffs (one tiff in each page) in each pdf. I also get another error using JAI (unsupported photometric interpretation value 1) and I donīt know what is the meaning?

[INFO] [26]

[INFO] Reverting to TIFF image handling through JAI: Error while loading image f

ile:/data/ 7827-31015-107998.tif : class org.apache.fop.image.Ti

ffImage - unsupported photometric interpretation value 1

12/11 12:54:33 error

[1]java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

    I have been reading FOPīs ideas to resolve this in the FOP page:

-   I canīt increase too many the memory available to the JVM.

-  I am not using forward references.

- I have tried to call org.apache.fop.image.FopImageFactory.resetCache() to empty the image cache in the fop source in each call to write tiff file (org.apache.fop.image.TiffImage) but I havenīt done any improvent.

            - I am using multiple page sequences.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank in advance.