For anybody who may be searching this list in trying to find the answers
to the questions I am asking, this is how it is done :

XML File :
<repeater>
<tubby>
<name>Dipsy</name>
<colour>Green</colour>
</tubby>
<tubby>
<name>Laalaa</name>
<colour>Red</colour>
</tubby>
<tubby>
<name>Po</name>
<colour>Purple</colour>
</tubby>
</repeater>

XSL File :
<xsl:for-each select="repeater/tubby">
<fo:block>
Name : <xsl:value-of select="name"/> / Colour : <xsl:value-of
select="colour"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:for-each>

This will generate the following pdf :
Name : Dipsy / Colour : Green
Name : Laalaa / Colour : Red
Name : Po / Colour : Purple

Once again thanks to all those who replied