As I recall, there were problems getting fo:leader output to show anything besides "rule" under -awt & -print. PDF correctly outputs/displays 'dots' and other types, but AWT does not. I checked in the fop-user archives (this has been discussed before), but I had trouble finding the thread, sorry. Perhaps someone else can shed more light on this, and provide the thread.

Clay