Wouter de Vaal wrote:
On a related note: if I create a few fo:table withing 1 fo:block, each
table will appears on the next line. So I was hoping for

but I get

Table is a block level element. Starting a table creates a new block area, which closes any line you was filling. The only way to put several tables side-by-side in a ordinary line is to wrap each in a fo:inline-container. Unfortunately, FOP 0.20.5 doesn't implement inline containers. The only alternative is to nest the tables in a bigger table spanning the page width.

Is there a way to tweak this behaviour without using a "grand" table? So for
example when the three tables are too big, a newline will be automatically
be inserted like:

If this could be possible, I would have exactly what I need..

Impossible or at least very complicated with FOP 0.20.5.

I suggest preprocessing the images so that the caption is part of
the bitmap.

J.Pietschmann