The new version will not require you to specifically
code for a logger; it quietly gives you a Commons
Logging SimpleLog by default.

Also, in the maintenance/production branch, we put in
a patch to make the "logger not set" error not appear,
it just uses an Avalon Console Logger quietly if not
specified.  However, for the release version, you
still need to explicitly set a logger or else you get
the warning message.

Glen