Hi all,

I'm trying to place some text on a white background inside a table-cell with a
gray background, but cannot seem to manage it. I've tried using inline,
inline-container, leader and wrapper tags with background-color set to produce
an inline white background, and combinations of just about all of them, but
nothing seems to work. The XSL spec states that these elements all support the
background-color property (well, wrapper only indirectly), and the renderer in
XFDesigner shows the white background exactly as I want it, but FOP seems
unable to render it. The "Standards Compliance" page on the FOP website does
not mention any issues with the background-color property, nor can I find
relevant references to it in the bug list or the mailing list archives. Am I
doing something wrong? Here is a snippet of the code I'm using:

<fo:table-cell background-color="lightgray">
        <fo:block>
                <fo:inline background-color="white">Some text</fo:inline>
        </fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

Thank you,
Ed.