Hi,

> but when I use xml file where root element doesn't have schema
> attributes (or doesn't have any attributes), the resulting file.fo is
> correct.

Slightly OT for this list, but here goes...

If I understand the problem description correctly, then the problem is in
your XSL file. Most likely, it doesn't have templates matching the nodes *in
the correct namespace*, and is applying the default templates to all
nodes...(basically just copying the text nodes)

If your source XML looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<root xmlns="some:namespace">

And your XSL has:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns:test="some:namespace" />

Then the template match should look like:

<xsl:template match="test:root">
<xsl:template match="root[namespace-uri()='some:namespace']">
or
<xsl:template match="*[local-name()='root']">

depending on the exact requirements (whether you need to make a difference
between root nodes in different namespaces, or you want to treat all root
nodes in all namespaces in the same way...)

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas