On Jun 17, 2004, at 8:25 AM, Mike Kellstrand wrote:
As I create a table and specify the column widths, it
would be nice to know the width of the region-body to
use in column width calculations.

Is there any function that will return this value?

Or do you have to set some layout variables at the top
of the stylesheet and build off of those?

Thanks, Mike

I doubt that FOP can do it per se, but you could define it using a variable in the simple-page-master:

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="repeating" page-height="28cm" page-width="{$varRepeatingPageWidth}cm" margin-top="1cm" margin-bottom="1cm" margin-left="1cm" margin-right="0cm">

Then, you could check against the variable for the page-width variable:

$varRepeatingPageWidth

I hope this helps!

Web Maestro Clay