Rea, Matthew wrote:

<snip/>

The horizontal alignment works great but the vertical alignment only partially works.... or rather it doesn't work exactly the way I want it to. The problem is the vertical align does not align the SVG right to the bottom of the cell like I really need. The table row the cell is in is 16mm high and the svg is consistently vertically aligned to approximately 0.5mm from the bottom of the cell. The same thing happens if I try and vertically align to the top of the cell. I want the SVG to be sitting right against the table border which works fine horizontally, just not vertically.

No doubt this 0.5mm is space reserved for borders on the cell. You can try specifying a negative value for padding-margin ?? If that fails, perhaps a negative margin-bottom??

Chris