A quick response as I'm not sure I understand your question - but I
think you're saying you can process all the 'inline' style + other
attributes in an HTML document - but that you want ot be able to
implement CSS class styles in FO->PDF?

If so - that is not easy - particularly as CSS <-> XSL-FO attributes
don't always map straightforwardly and some have different names,
and detecting precedence, context and dealing with multiple CSS
stylesheets is difficult.

A useful utility from RenderX  which may help you to map equivalent
attributes is at http://www.renderx.com/~renderx/portal/fo2html.html.
This maps XSLFO -> HTML - and does a pretty good job.

The way I deal with this problem is to turn the CSS stylesheets into XML
documents - and then add attributes for the XSLFO equivalents.
The structure of this XML depends on how much of the complexity of CSS
you want to capture.)
(this document can the be used to produce the CSS stylesheets as well.)
I then load this document as a parameter when processing and lookup any
formatting for the element / class I am dealing with.
(I find this easier than trying to define fixed attribute sets.)

With XSL / XML based output formatting it is nearly always easier to
have a core XML document from which all other output (including HTML) is
generated.
If your HTML is well formed XML /  XHTML then your task is easier.

FOP 0.20.5 does not suppor table-with-caption - and many other
processors also do not.
FOP 0.20.5 does not support table-layout='auto' (only 'fixed') - and
this is also true of many other processors - so I don't know how you are
getting the table to fit the width of the page.
unless you are specifying that the inline-progression dimension='100%'.

Eldho George wrote:

| |
| Hi,

| |
| |
| I would like to know *how can I create template for manipulating
| embedded and external style sheet present in the html page? Is it
| possible?*

| |
| *Please help me................please tell me is it possible with
| xslt+xsl-fo? I already created template for processing inline style
| attribute.*

| |
| |
| I am working with the project of converting a web Page into PDF.I am
| using FOP.I am creating the formatting object tree using xslt.I
| already create template for most of the html 4.0 tags and everything
| this working perfectly.But I have problem with table .It showing the
| table with entire page width. That means suppose I have created only
| one column, it will occupy the entire page width. Suppose I am using
| width in table, it is not shrinking according to that width. I used
| table attribute as

| |
| |
| |
| <xsl:attribute name="table-layout">auto</xsl:attribute>
|
| <xsl:attribute name="space-before">10pt</xsl:attribute>
|
| <xsl:attribute name="space-after">10pt</xsl:attribute>
|
| <xsl:attribute name="border-style">outset</xsl:attribute>
|
| <xsl:attribute name="border-collapse">separate</xsl:attribute>
|
| <xsl:attribute name="border-spacing">2px</xsl:attribute>

| |
| |
| Another problem is - outset is not working.<fo:table-and-caption> is
| not working with fop.So I am not use <fo:table-and-caption>.This will
| create any problem?
|
| I would like to know whether fop will support
| <fo:table-and-caption>????????

| |
| I would like to know *how can I create template for manipulating
| embedded and external style sheet present in the html page? Is it
| possible?*

| |
| *Please help me................please tell me is it possible with
| xslt? I already created template for processing inline style attribute.*

| |
| Thanks in advance
|
| George

| |
| |
| |
| |

| **********************************************************************
| This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
| intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
| are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
| the system manager.
|
| This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
| MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
|
| www.mimesweeper.com
| |

- -- Datalucid Limited 8 Eileen Road South Norwood London SE25 5EJ United Kingdom

/
tel :0208-239-6810
mob: 0794-725-9760
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]