Response to: Probably simple build issue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgNo=12064>
(Thomson, Alisa)
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:42:47 +0100
From: Chris Bowditch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Probably simple build issue

Thomson, Alisa wrote:

> I have installed FOP 0.20.5 and ant 1.6.1 running JDK 1.4.2_03.  I was just
> trying to run build -projecthelp and I received the error below.  ant.jar is
> in my Classpath.  I know why I am receiving the error...it is because
> org/apache/tools/ant/launch/AntMain does not exist in that jar file.  I
> looked in build.bat that came with the FOP installation and it is looking for
> ant 1.5.1, so for grins I downloaded that version and
> org/apache/tools/ant/launch/AntMain does not exist in that jar file either.
> I did find it in my current ant installation in ant-launcher.jar.  Any ideas
> why it is looking for this class and how do I get around this?

To build FOP 0.20.5 you dont need a separate install of Ant. The JAR file
Ant-1.5.1.jar is distributed in FOP's lib sub directory. The build.bat, sets
the ANT_HOME to FOP's lib sub directory and thats all you should need to do.

As a guess I would say its not working for you because you have ANT_HOME set
to the root directory of the Ant install and not Ant\lib sub directory.

Chris

<snip/>

I saw that build.bat referenced that ant install in the FOP lib directory, but
it did not exist.  I even downloaded FOP again to make sure I didn't have a bad
install and the ant jar file was not there.  I have tried setting ANT_HOME to
the ant/lib directory and that did not work either.  I can just run build.bat
and all of the samples compile fine.  Still not sure what is causing the above
problem, but I am able to compile the samples.

Thanks.