On Sep 15, 2004, at 12:17 PM, Steve Whitlatch wrote:

[...]

How would I define a "conversion" to make FOP happy? The error message
is produced when FOP's processing reaches the page on which this code
resides in the .fo file produced by xsltproc:

**************
<fo:block text-align="center">
  <fo:external-graphic src="graphics/CroppedDecisionObject.tif"
width="6.5in" height="auto" content-width="scale-to-fit"
content-height="auto" text-align="center"/>
</fo:block>
**************

From the original XML file, here is the relevant code:

**************
<imagedata width="6.5in" align ="center"
   fileref="graphics/CroppedDecisionObject.tif"
   format="TIFF"/>
</imageobject>
**************

The original XML shows no "scale-to-fit" value being passed to a
content-width attribute.

Is there any reason to believe that FOP is in error? Unless there is
some reason to believe that FOP is in error, perhaps I should submit
a bug report to the maintainer of the DocBook XSL stylesheets
claiming that the stylesheets erroneously inject
"content-width='scale-to-fit'".

Just checking. If I'm confused, please shed some light.

Thanks,

Steve Whitlatch

According to the FOP Compliance page's '@content-width' section, there is no extended support for this property[1]. In addition, according to Mr. Pietschman[2], 'these properties are never used in FOP for any purpose.' I would take that to mean content-width (and content-height) are not implemented in FOP.

Looks like you'll need to get by with width & height attributes only.

Web Maestro Clay

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-content-width

[2]