On Oct 20, 2004, at 11:41 AM, Clay Leeds wrote:
On Oct 20, 2004, at 10:28 AM, Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Clay Leeds [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Could you explain how one would 'plug in Saxon 7 instead' of Xalan for
parsing?

Maestro,

Should be quite simple really: replace the Xalan jar in your JVM's
'lib/endorsed' directory with Saxon's jar. (Maybe to make sure all goes
well, you could also replace it in FOP's own lib directory, then rebuild
FOP, but IIRC this shouldn't be necessary...)

Thank you Andreas! I'm sure future browsers for this issue will thank you! Would you be willing to write up some documentation on how to do this so I can add it to the FAQ as well as the Running page (unless it would be more appropriate on the Configuration page).

Try it, and use the following in your XSLT to check:
<xsl:value-of select="system-property('xsl:vendor')" />

I haven't tried it yet as I haven't had the need. But I will flag this message (and use it to update the docs when I get the chance...).

I suppose I could write the documentation myself, but I'm a bit behind in that regard, as I work through issues processing xml-fop's xdocs with forrest. I think I'm pretty close on that (and I'm getting help from the Forrest Team), but I'm/we're not there yet. One nice benefit, is that I've been doing a bunch of documentation (for my company and for Barcode4J) using forrest and the xdoc format. I'm now a lot more knowledgeable about forrest than I was before.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>