From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: sexta-feira, 4 de Fevereiro de 2005 17:48
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fonts in FOP

Nuno

I am also working on a similar issue which involves Japanese fonts but
dont
have it in a working condition. These are the points I have learned in
process.

1) Open the ttfcomic.xml and see whats the name given in the <font-name>
tag? This name should match the
  "ComicSansMS" as you have given in font-triplet tag in the
userconfig.xml

2) I would advice for time being to hardcode the complete path to
ttfcomic.xml as <font metrics-file="c:\dir\ttfcomic.xml" just like you
did
for the embed-file

3) No need to change build.xml

4) No need to recompile fop.jar

5) You need to load the fonts by invoking the configuration before your
parse XML --> PDF. How are you doing the xml to pdf ? I am using the
XSLTInputHandler(xml,xsl) in a servlet or are u running it from command
prompt ?

6) I came to know today that I need to manually change the XSL file (
which
i had created using XMLSPY) to refer to the font explicitly using the
font-family tag. (courtsey of Lou )

<fo:block font-family="ComicSansMS" font-weight="bold"
padding-bottom="1mm">
&#x7ecf;&#x8425;&#x5355;&#x4f4d;
</fo:block>

Let me know
Manoj

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      wareag.com>              To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:

                      2005/02/04 08:32         Subject:  Fonts in FOP

                      Please respond to

                      fop-user

Hello,
I need to include a new font in FOP.
I already generate a new xml file of the font "comic.ttf"
(ttfcomic.xml), and in the "userconfig.xml" added the new font.

embed-file="c:\windows\fonts\comic.ttf">

To recompile the "fop.jar", what is necessary to configure?
Is it necessary anything else in the "build.xml" of FOP?
And where should I put the new "ttfcomic.xml" file for the new font? Is
it in "/src/codegen"?

The font name should be "ComicSansMS" like refer above or the name of
the font file?

font-style="ComicSansMS"

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.