Hello!
Thanks for your answer.

I think I am. Have a look here:
http://www.eki.ee/letter/chardata.cgi?lang=pl+Polish&script=latin

> Other possible causes of problems should have resulted in error
> messages:
> - If the font file doen't have a unicode table, you should have
>   gotten a notification. You have to generate the metrics for such
>   fonts with the winansiencoding flag.

I do not get anny errors or warnings while running FOP, but I don't think
the font has a unicode table. The file generated by PFMReader contains:
[...]<encoding>UnknownEncoding</encoding>[...]. I tried to change this to
WinAnsiEncoding but the result is the same :(

If you want you can look at the files I am processing
(.fo, .pfb, .pfm, .pdf) here:
http://cygnus.et.put.poznan.pl/~djes/fop/

Regards
Dominik