Hi,

I've been working on this one problem for about a day now and I cant
seem to crack it so I thought I would ask here.

What I've got is a table with 20 rows and 10 columns. Every second row
has a background of grey, so the rows alternate between grey and
nothing (white). Thats all fine. The problem is that I want to have a
border down each of the columns and around the whole table itself.
I've tried the following:

1. specifying the border on the table-column, however on those cells
where I specify background-color="silver", the background seems to
overwrite the border. So the border goes behind the background of the
cell.

2. specifying the border on each individual cell. So in this case I
specified the border-right attribute of each table-cell, and the
problem there is that the right-border of one cell doesnt touch the
right-border of the cell below it. There seems to be a gap equal to
the width of the border itself at the top and bottom of the
right-border. So I get a table similar to what I want (alternating
rows of grey and white with column borders), however the column
borders arent continuous.

If I dont have background colours though its totally fine! But this is
an important requirement unfortunately :(

Does anyone at all know a solution to this problem? Im really lost. If
you need a screen capture I can make one.

Thanks in advance!

Robert