On Feb 25, 2005, at 12:59 AM, Dennis Myrén wrote:
<x-tad-bigger>Hi there,</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>Sorry,</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>My goal is to post these files, however there are some work I have to do on them in order to make them look nice and clean,</x-tad-bigger> <x-tad-bigger>I really want to do that before anyone looks at them, to really get them “representative”, but I have had a lot of other work lately,</x-tad-bigger> <x-tad-bigger>so I haven’t been able to finish them up yet.</x-tad-bigger>

I would say, 'take your time!" While we'd love to have those files, I can understand your wanting to clean them up a bit before you submit them to something 'permanent'!

<x-tad-bigger>For us it has really been what the transform produces that was critical.</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>I never took the time to develop nice and efficient XSLT transforms.</x-tad-bigger>

If you get stuck, you could ask for a little help on the Mulberry xsl-list (which you can find on the FOP Resources page[1]... plug! plug!)

<x-tad-bigger>One example is the graphs in those PDF’s, I generate those graphs with an intermediate tool that I wrote which generates SVG graphs</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>from data and layout input in XML format. This SVG graphs is first generated as separate files, then copied into the final FO document at</x-tad-bigger> <x-tad-bigger>FO “compile time”, using XSLT document() function. This is a rather odd approach which I do not know how I can best present to the FOP</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>users/developers who might be interested in seeing the solution, I am therefore thinking of moving these solutions to EXSLT instead, and</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>use javascript to compute layout and render the graph to SVG.</x-tad-bigger>

If the files are in SVG format (and referenced locally), you could just ZIP up all of the files that are required, and post the ZIP archive... That may make the most sense, as the SVG files will be easy to look at and take apart in their own right.

<x-tad-bigger>XSLT itself is unfortunately not enough to generate these graphs.</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>I was glad to see there where actually FOP people that was a bit interested in the work I have done with FOP,</x-tad-bigger> <x-tad-bigger>now i do not want to</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>disappoint people by sending these XSLT transforms that is just not clean enough as of today.</x-tad-bigger>

Like I said, take your time, and if you want some help, either ask here or on the Mulberry XSL-List...

Cheers!

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html

Web Maestro Clay