I don't think that helps, because he still gets the
empty fo:block and hence the blank page.  But by
rearranging your code, perhaps this will work instead:

        <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="0 &lt; count(CodeDecode)">
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="page3">
    <fo:flow flow-name="body3">
                <xsl:apply-templates select="CodeDecode" />
    </fo:flow>
 </fo:page-sequence>
        </xsl:when>
        <xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:otherwise>
       <xsl:choose>

I think this will work.  No fo:page-sequence--and
hence no blank page--will be output if there is no
data.

Glen