I don't think it's a Fop-related problem.
First: as Glen asked, do you want ps or pdf output (or both)?
If you just want to print your document then ps is fine. Fop can directly generate ps (and I believe it does it as well as pdf):
fop file.fo -ps file.ps
Then you can use psbook to re-order the pages.

I can't reproduce your problem with page sizes. With my files acroread prints a page size of 209.9x297.0 mm, which is quite fine. Are you sure there aren't errors in your fo file? To see page size with acroread: File -> Document Properties -> summary
Moreover I don't think pdf2ps is doing a wonderful work here: the generated ps looks rather ugly on the screen (yet it may print correctly), and page size is not respected (use of a bbox instead of a4).
I'd advise you to use Acrobat Reader to print in a file: you obtain a far better ps file. But try before using Fop's ps renderer.

Hope this helps,
Vincent

Uwe Kubosch a écrit :
Hi!

We are using FOP to produce a book and most issues have been
successfully dealt with.

Currently we are struggling with page size.  We set page size to be 29.7
by 21 cm in the simple-page-master tag.

We need to be able to reorder and resize the pages for folded printing.
That means putting pages 4+1 on the first sheet and pages 2+3 on the
second sheet for a 4 page document.  The only way we have found to do
this is by converting the pdf document to postscript and using psbook
for the reordering and psnup to put two pages on one sheet.

When printing the resulting document, the page size is a bit off and
visual inspection using ggv show the page sizes to be too small.  The
pdf produced by FOP is 27.9 by 20.3 cm.

After using pdf2ps the page size is 26.9 by 20.3.

Is this a known problem?

Is there a way to display the page size of a pdf or postscript document
exactly?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

donV