From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 March 2005 14:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Error:

Ben Gill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the latest 0.20.5 bin and copied the ExampleObj2PDF example
and
> am getting:
>
> {ERROR} dao.BaseDAOTestCase  Error generating PDF document
> [org.apache.fop.apps.
> FOPException: root must be root element]
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException:
> root
>  must be root element

This is a problem with your XML/XSLT

<snip/>

> from XLST stylesheet:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.1"
>       xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>       xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
>       exclude-result-prefixes="fo">
>   <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" omit-xml-declaration="no"
> indent="yes"/>
>   <!-- ========================= -->
>   <!-- root element: projectteam -->
>   <!-- ========================= -->
>   <xsl:template match="incident">

Note, that the element being matched differs from the comment. However, this

may not be the cause of the problem. Most likely cause is several
occurrences
of element incident in your source XML, resulting in several root elements.

To determine where mistake is you should generate XSL-FO file by running
xalan.bat (in FOP distribution) from command line.

<snip/>

Chris

MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre.

Notice:  This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of Ocado
Limited (the "Company"). Opinions and views expressed in this message may not
necessarily reflect the opinions and views of the Company.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete
all copies of this message. Please note that it is your responsibility to scan
this message for viruses.

Company reg. no. 3875000.
Ocado Limited
Titan Court