> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vojko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

For starters, since you already posted a purely XSLT-related question
yesterday:
Questions like these do not really belong on fop-user... Should be posted on
Mulberry (look on the FOP resources page)

Now, since I am weak and can't help but help you out here... (but if you try
to exploit that weakness one more time, you're on your own --no offence)

> Is there a way that I could call the next and previous chapter not by
> its name but by a generic function? Something like following node...so
> that I would know what is the next chapter and previous from the current
> one.

How about:

<xsl:apply-templates select="preceding::chapter" />
<xsl:apply-templates select="following::chapter" />

HTH!

Andreas