Klearchou Klearchos wrote:

Hello all,
I am trying to generate the xml file from a ttf file in order to use it with
my FOP Engine.
I run win2k.

I run it exactly as the instructions write but I always take a
FileNotFoundException.

java -cp
"fop.jar;avalon-framework.jar;xml-apis.jar;xercesImpl.jar;xalan.jar"
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -enc ansi f/pala.ttf f/palattf.xml

Here I use relative paths. I tried absolute as wellusing the syntax file:///
as the FAQ page instructs.

When the website is talking about URIs and URLs, it means as metric file reference inside user-config.xml, not when running TTFReader. When calling the TTFReader from the command line you should always use file paths and *not* URLs, or URIs. Relative paths work for me provided the shell is in the right directory, but if you are having trouble getting relative paths working use absolute paths, e.g.

java -cp "fop.jar;avalon-framework.jar;xml-apis.jar;xercesImpl.jar;xalan.jar" org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -enc ansi C:\downloads\FADO\PDFBox\fonts\f\pala.ttf C:\downloads\FADO\PDFBox\fonts\f\pala.xml

<snip/>

Chris