From: Mike Trotman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem when link has "contentid"
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:48:12 +0100

I'm not sure what is making FOP think that contentID is an entity (can't see any '&'s)
but I think you should be using the 'url' function on the link.
e.g.:
<fo:basic-link color="blue" external-destination="url([EMAIL PROTECTED])">

It would also be a good idea to test the XLST part outside FOP - to see what get's produced in the FO file.

Mike

Fabrizio Caldas wrote:

Thanks Jay.

Now my xml file is a lot easier to create.
I removed my <text> tags and just left it as I read it from a properties file.

<Item>
Some text here <a href="http://www.example.com/fop/test.jsp?contentID=1234";>please click here</a> more text here.
</Item>

<xsl:for-each select="Item">
 <xsl:variable name="itemPos" select="position()"/>
 <fo:list-item>
   <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
     <fo:block><xsl:value-of select="$itemPos"/></fo:block>
   </fo:list-item-label>
   <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
     <fo:block>
       <xsl:apply-templates />
     </fo:block>
   </fo:list-item-body>
 </fo:list-item>
</xsl:for-each>

<!-- =============================== -->
<!-- child element: a                -->
<xsl:template match="a">
 <fo:basic-link color="blue" external-destination="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
   <xsl:value-of select="."/>
 </fo:basic-link>
</xsl:template>

But I still have the "contentid" problem.

I think that this is happening when he interprets the [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I really needed this link to have this contentid in the querystring, but I beggining to think that I may have to remove it.

Fabrizio.