Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Was there a nested exception further down the stack trace? If not, this
is not enough information for us help you. Please run this document
through FOP from the command-line. This might help you track down the
problem. Maybe it's not even caused by FOP.

If your FO (or XML/XSLT stylesheet) works fine from FOP command-line, you may also wish to try using Xerces and Xalan instead of the Oracle parsing libraries and see if the problem still occurs. (Ideally, even if there were an error in the input FO, I would think the Oracle JXTransformer should be robust enough to not throw an NPE but a meaningful error message instead.)

Glen