On 06/10, Brandon Weeks wrote:
> As a start I've uploaded it to RubyGems, I'll take a look at
> foreman-packaging to get it built into deps/rpms.

debs are quite easy as any dependencies (sentry-raven) would not have to
be packaged, bundler takes care of that. Feel free to copy a simple
plugin like foreman_cockpit and modify it and you'll get it done easily.

for rpms, you'd need to package sentry-raven too. Using 'gem2rpm
gemname.gem > rubygem-gemname.spec', then 'spec2scl -i
rubygem-gemname.spec' will get you 95% of the way there. Feel free to
submit a PR like that then ping me and I'll try to point out the changes
you need to do.
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/tree/rpm/develop
contains some help in the README. You may want to try Dominic's new
gem2rpm templates which convert gems to foreman-packaging
specs with just 1 command :)
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/1165

For both, Jenkins will try to build packages from your PR and it's quite
fast so you can get feedback about what went wrong easily.

After you have packages, installer support is trivial to add
(https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-installer/pull/165/files)

As always feel free to holler at us on IRC or github too for any help
you may need with that!

> [0] https://rubygems.org/gems/foreman_sentry
>
> On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 1:11:41 AM UTC-7, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 05:07:14PM -0700, Brandon Weeks wrote:
> > > At Square we use Sentry <https://getsentry.com> for exception tracking
> > > across all of our internal applications. To help my team detect and
> > resolve
> > > problems with our Foreman environment I created foreman_sentry
> > > <https://github.com/brandonweeks/foreman_sentry>, a small plugin that
> > loads
> > > Raven <https://github.com/getsentry/raven-ruby>, the Sentry client for
> > > Ruby. While the hosted version of Sentry is a paid product, the project
> > > itself is open source <https://github.com/getsentry/sentry> and is free
> > > host yourself.
> >
> > As another Sentry user I think this is very interesting. Any plans to
> > package it?
> >

> --

Daniel Lobato Garcia

@dLobatog