> > > an rm -rf on the conf.d/ssl.conf file

I have a clean Foreman installation on CentOS7 and this file does not
appear to be present:

[root@fseven ~]# rpm -q httpd
httpd-2.4.6-40.el7.centos.1.x86_64

[root@fseven ~]# ls /etc/httpd/conf.d/
05-foreman.conf  05-foreman.d  05-foreman-ssl.conf  05-foreman-ssl.d
15-default.conf  25-puppet.conf  passenger.conf

Does it really belong to the httpd package? Isn't it created by a plugin
or some other component?

I am afraid this file was not created by our installer. Can you pastebin
its content?

--
Later,
 Lukas #lzap Zapletal