On 19/08/16 10:43, Andreas Rogge wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> we're looking into deploying Windows workstations and servers with
> theforeman.
> Happily there's already something that supports realms (right now only
> FreeIPA). Having had a look at the API I guess it should be quite
> straightforward to add another provider for Active Directory using DJoin
> (the Active Directoy Offline Join tool).
> The only issue I see is that the host's otp field in the database is
> limited to 255 chars whereas DJoin produces a quite large base64 encoded
> blob.
> As the length of that blob is not documented anywhere I guess it may
> differ from domain to domain and from Windows version to Windows version.
>
> So here's my request: can we please upgrade the host's otp field to
> store an arbitrary length string?

Sure, it's best if you just submit a new database migration to Foreman
to fix it. There are examples of DB migrations in db/migrate/, e.g.
db/migrate/20120607074318_convert_params_to_text.rb which changes some
columns to text types.

https://theforeman.org/contribute.html has info on submitting pull
requests, and installing a dev environment to try it in.

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/active_record_migrations.html#creating-a-standalone-migration
has more information on database migrations in Rails.

--
Dominic Cleal
domi...@cleal.org