Hi,

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:39:43PM +0100, Dominic Cleal wrote:
> I'm updating the Travis CI matrix for our puppet-* repositories in
> https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-installer-modulesync/pull/40.
>
> This includes a proposed removal of Ruby 1.8.7 tests from master (only),
> matching the majority of our dependencies which have already dropped
> support, and to reduce the matrix size.

+1 for reducing the test matrix, especially as Ruby 1.8 tests are
extremly slow.

However, as this effectively does drop test coverage of EL6 based OSes
with non-AIO Puppets, I'd propose for all theforeman modules to create
x.y-stable branches with the current state (or some slightly earlier
one, where required) and Ruby 1.8.7 tests enabled followed by a major
version bump and dropping of EL6 support alltogether in master.

Regards
--
Michael Moll